Are you for or against it???
Some excerpts from the speech against this repeal:
1. What you do in private has public repercussions. – WOW! like we know if you had sex last night. Seriously, if its private, how would it affect us?
2. Anal sex is like shoving a straw up your nose to drink. – haha that is an interesting perspective. But hmmm liposuction is a bit sick too don’t you think? One is for pleasure and another is for beauty, not much difference there the way i see it… There are many other weird things normal, straight civilised pp do too.
3. to say a law is archaic is chronological snobbery – I wonder, isn’t the reverese true too?
6. an open mind, like an open mouth, should closed on smt solid. – this make no sense to me.
7. not to take a stand is to take a stand – Errr have you heard of indifference? A lot of pp really don’t care. That’s the generation of today. We are pretty impassive abt things.
But really, I don’t care if 377a is repealed. It’s just that the arguments they make for keeping it are not very convincing. I think the lot of them should just take a walk through tanjong pagar, cali gym and around town. There are like more gays than ever before. I can’t tell who’s straight or not anymore. and it is NOT uncommon to see a group of guys giggling over coffee/drinks at a table. So if it is already so prevalent, what will stubbornly refusing to accept the behaviour do? Anyways, I never thought that the repeal would be successful. I doubt they will ever relent.
All the more reason to come up with more plays/musicals to advocate support for another repeal…